We’ve just celebrated Madeline Grace’s 7 month birthday…just writing that phrase is almost unbelievable (and not just because I’ve never been able to keep a plant alive for longer than a month)! She’s just such a happy little soul, with a big gummy grin for everyone she meets.
This month brought on a whole new bunch of developments that have been both a treat and terror to watch. Terrifying because teething is in full gear and watching Maddy cry when she’s in pain is heartbreaking. It’s a treat because I’ve never had so much fun seeing the world through Madeline’s eyes. Every day she notices or does something new and watching her develop is awesome.
We’ve been a little sleep deprived lately since our glider decided to permanently quit this world (thanks a heap StorkCraft). I don’t want to believe it’s because I still haven’t lost all the pregnancy weight…but it’s kind of hard not to when you sit your chubby butt down and the seat creaks and groans like it’s being tortured. Maddy still wakes up at least once a night and that means both Sean and I make a bottle, change the baby, and rock her back to sleep in our zombie-like state. However, with the sad death of our glider, we’re not really able to rock her back to sleep, and so we have resorted to putting her to bed between the two of us. It’s not an ideal solution, but it’s damn near one of my favorite things to wake up and see my daughter smiling at me.
At about 6 ½ months Maddy started sitting up all on her own! She still wobbles like a top, but everyday she gets stronger (and cuter). Madeline has also been able to pull herself up into what we call “baby neutral”, which means she gets in a crawling position, but doesn’t know where to go from there.
We’ve also got two new teeth poking through Maddy’s bottom gum! I am of course using the royal “we” as she’s really the one doing all the work, and going through all the pain of teething (poor baby).
Madeline’s 7 Month Milestones
- We’ve got two brand new little chompers and I’ve got the cuts on my finger to prove it. They’re still growing in, but both have broken the surface and I’m sure more are to follow.
- Maddy has tried squash, a vegetable medley, baby cereal, apricot and apple sauce, and avocado…and she hates them all. Eating from a spoon has been a battle that none of us enjoy (ok, I’ll admit I really love watching her little expressions).
- Madeline is sitting up on her own and playing intently with blocks (well, more like chewing on blocks) for several minutes and she’s only getting stronger!
- She’s about to crawl aaaaaaaaaaaaany day now! She can push herself up on all fours and rock back and forth like she’s threatening to go somewhere, but then she usually face-plants with a giggle.
- Maddy is also experimenting with sound, so she’s blowing raspberries and trying to make sounds in between smiles.