1) I hate chocolate. Well, that’s not true (I don’t hate anything), but I strongly dislike chocolate. In my early years this made me a freak, but now it means that my friends get all the extra chocolate that I won’t eat.
2) I am a first-time mamma to a beautiful baby girl living in gorgeous Southern California with my fiancé, who’s the most loving, handsome, and intelligent man I know. I somehow lucked out in the relationship lottery, because he enjoys cleaning, he’s well-read, he’s an incredibly talented writer, he’s a badass cook, his laughter is infectious, he gives awesome back massages, and he’s just about the best friend I could ask for. Oh, and he looks like Christian Bale. Sean’s currently a student going for his PHD, and I spend a lot of time worrying about how to parent when I rarely feel qualified enough to be an adult myself…yet somehow, we manage to balance each other out quite nicely.
3) I ❤ ?s and we are the proud parents of two fur babies named Pygmy and Whiskey. One is about 9 years old, has only two teeth, weighs 7 pounds (soaking wet), and is a bit of a curmudgeon. The other is around 11 years old, she has a bit of a weight problem, and no front claws. Both kitties were adopted from California shelters and they hate each other. We’re trying to work it out, but it’s been a battle.
4) I used to spend a lot of my time doing community and demi-professional theatre. Which has rendered me able to eloquently speak my mind in several different accents with relatively controlled hand movements, while maintaining steady eye contact. It is a personal philosophy that I will never ask friends and coworkers to come see me in shows; Musical theatre is a choice, and not one that everyone enjoys.
5) You have also probably guessed at my obvious affinity for Star Wars and will need no help at guessing what my last five Halloween costumes have been. I’ve been known to cosplay a bit in my lifetime, and it gets more fun with each passing year. I also love movies and have a thoroughly impressive backlog of useless quotes, trivia, and factoids that I love geeking out over.
6) I write novels in my spare time. Right now my work is available for free on Wattpad because I love their community of writers and readers. It’s a fantastic space to develop your craft, while connecting with like-minded individuals and getting invaluable feedback on your work. Eventually I will self-publish on Amazon, but for now, Wattpad is my writing home.
7) I move around a lot. I was born in Seattle, but most of my young life was spent living in England and Holland. Ever since then I’ve made it a habit to move every 5 years or so. While traveling through South East Asia with a friend, I came to the conclusion that I like finding any excuse to get out of my element so that I can better expand my horizons and see situations from multiple perspectives. Not only has traveling helped with enriching my life and changing my perceptions, it has put me in conditions where I have had to think outside of the box to communicate. But no matter where I move, I wind up missing my home in The Great North West.